Skip to main content

9 shades of Unique Nigerian Women /Ladies




In a gathering, the topic of discussion was about how women / Ladies nowadays all over the world, throw away who they really are and just want to keep up with the social trends, lifestyle and be noticed.  An elderly man asked , "can we find Nigerian women /Ladies that still stands out and hold on to our values and culture, women /Ladies that are not shying away from who they really are has Nigerians" ? I had to contribute to the discussion......



Nigeria is an amazing country that is distinctly unique. Talking about women/Ladies , it is quite different when it has do with Nigeria. They are beautiful, now I am referring to both inside traits and outside looks,  Nigerian women /Ladies has it all. Despite the craze, trends, lifestyle and all things going on in the world right now, we still have Nigerian women who are still focused, standing and not intimidated by whatsoever.





Women /Ladies around the world cannot be compared to Nigerians. Nigerian women /Ladies always stand out among other women.




A WOMAN is one whom God has granted the grace, for life to come forth, one who subscribes and practices thoughts and deeds which promote unity among people of colour. A Nigerian woman is full of understanding and ever conscious of this, I am a wife, a mother, sister, Leader, teacher, warrior.




I am tireless, strong, intelligent, beautiful and compassionate.



She gives you life, she is passionate, she is crafty, she is courageous, she is generous and soo sweet,despite her flaws.



Moreover,  they are Unique in terms of High moral standards; they are concerned with the principles of right and wrong, growing up with a disciplined Nigerian mother is really amazing, it makes you conform to a standard of behavior and character on their principles. They also Value culture, religion and their dress sense is lovely and Decent.




The world stands in awe at the appearance of a Nigerian woman, especially when the looks are matched up with brains. She is Strong willed, determined, independent, naturally trained to be a mother and they last long in marriage because cos they are recilient in nature.




I was able to get some ladies to share their thoughts on this, here is their response ;

Pogoson Helene said ; "I am unique, I am PROUDLY NIGERIAN. You never can make a Nigerian or breed a specimen to be a Nigerian. No matter how much money and efforts and time spent in trying,  there had always be something off or wrong about that experiment. Born in Nigeria is Nigerian not otherwise. Most importantly,  as a Nigerian woman, I can never blend into a crowd, I always stand out. From styles to values,  cultures,  the way I behave,  the way I carry myself,  the way I talk, laugh,  address people, dance, sing, pray,  shout etc.. Everything combines together to make me the beautiful and unique Nigerian woman I am and nobody is like me in this world".. That is her stand.



Ogunnaike Sharon says: "what stands me out as a Nigerian woman is my strength and my continuous drive for success .

Ayinde Boluwatife says : "I am unique as a Nigerian woman because of my will and the choices I have to make, the way I talk, dress, act what I eat, where I go, the way I dance, my sensitivity towards things. Not to forget the special gap teeth that people love. To crown it all, the love I have for my tribe. I am a proud Yoruba girl. "



Esther Ademiju emphasized on our mothers, our Jewel that drills us and never spare the rod to spoil the child.  Even if they have to give you pain reliever later. They will beat the craziness out of you. ALSO Esther mentioned the eye and nose signals, actually it is the whole body (Lol). We are trained to understand those signals to caution our bad behaviors in public and if you don't behave you are in soup when you get home. I am sure every Nigerian woman /lady understands this. God bless our mothers. This makes me come to the conclusion that every lady born and brought up In Nigeria has no excuse not to be at her best.





Applauding every Nigerian woman /lady who has not forgotten her root, or thrown away her values and dignity.







Yaaaayiii peace
Korex

Photo credit : @esan_harris






























Comments

  1. Nice post korex, you one of the very few Nigerian ladies with a unique mind mixed with style and moral

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking your time to read David.. 😁😁thank you,you are amazing too

      Delete
  2. Wow, beautiful post korex. I am so moved to tears. We definitely have to give it to our Nigerian ladies and women who haven't thrown it all away with civilization and all. We gotta embrace our culture and let it shine from inside out. More grace and wisdom dear. God blessπŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ooo.. God bless you darling. You are one of the Unique and chosen one 😘😘😘

      Delete
  3. Wow, beautiful post korex. I am so moved to tears. We definitely have to give it to our Nigerian ladies and women who haven't thrown it all away with civilization and all. We gotta embrace our culture and let it shine from inside out. More grace and wisdom dear. God blessπŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Keep making us proud korex. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally there's hope πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHANGECOSIS

Change is the only CONSTANT. It is inevitable.  Few days ago I posted this word   CHANGECOSIS on my Instagram page @_expressit and I challenged my followers to find the meaning of the word, but  I almost forgot we are the Google generation (Lol)  so I got answers powered by Google (lol).                       Moreover, my sister, Ifedolapo Ajakaiye(Mrs) inspired this piece, she sent me the word, I thought it was one of those medical terms they use as medical practitioners , but no it is not.  According to her; "After a long period of study on unhealthy conditions and why it threatens life ; I came across a disease that threatens one's ability to enjoy life and develop one's full potential - CHANGECOSIS  ". Yes!   it is a disease. It is wise to avoid this disease, a threat to happy living and growth , better still run from it.  This Changecosis is an unhealthy condition that only those who resist change suffer from it. You need to do whateve

PEN IT DOWN

Life takes place, and it can happen fast. Sometimes we don’t take the time to stop and look around at what is happening to us at each moment. We don’t get to see the step-by-step progress that we are making in our own lives. So, what happens? Gbam! the future comes, and you have no track or idea of how you have gotten there, successful or not. One quick question: How can penning things down help improve your life? Or does it help clear your thoughts when you are upset?  Will penning things down help you determine whether or not you are on your right career path? Will it help you check if you are reaching towards your goal or not? Provide an answer… Writing is an important part of life, whether in the workplace or school, as an hobby or in personal communication, everyone is a writer.  Here is the truth: your effectiveness in life is not what you could be missing out. Each day passes by and you have nothing to prove that it even happened. Did you achieve something? Have a

It BEGINS : The preparation process

Happy new year lovelies, I wish you all an amazing time of celebration and a fruitful year ahead. I can feel the excitement in the air . I  really appreciate you all for following my blog , your support, corrections, encouragement and prayers means a lot to me. God bless you greatly.     Day 1 of 365 days , the year has started, waiting for no one to be ready , let me share this with you; It is about THE PREPARATION PROCESS. Everyone goes through a preparation process, but how we go through it differs. Last year has either been good or bad, just there or really amazing,whatever it is, you are in your preparation process. Each time I see someone grumble or panic and worry (just like me those times.. Lol), I try my best to talk them out of it, and help them see the bigger picture and great things ahead of them. Moreover, this is the period that everyone makes new plans, set new agenda, strategize for the next move and all, but then while making all this plans, we tend to neg