Skip to main content

This Moment Does Not Define You




Hi guys, I am so sorry for been away from here for a while. I went for NYSC camp,then my job can be really tasking most times. Please bear with me for going ON and OFF (so shy right now. I will try my very best to be showing up weekly. I am learning to balance it.

 
“Things and conditions can give you pleasure but they cannot give you joy, joy arises from within.”


I struggled with low self-esteem and insecurities for 5years or more until I understood life through Christ Jesus. Well I have not really recovered but I am in recovery, I am dealing and I am living again. One of the major issues was my so much concentration on the physical and temporary sides of life.



In my mind, I over-emphasized the prominence of my body. I put the appearance of my body, and how I felt about my performances and my position, above my true self, underlying nature.

Back then, I used to be an average student, I considered myself to be a failure, I thought that was all I could be, people around me weren’t helping matters, they segregated me from all the clicks. In fact, my spoken English got affected terribly because I couldn’t speak confidently, like I used to mix past tense with present tense, replace singular with plural. I was the joke everywhere I go.With all of these complicated things, so getting over how I already felt about myself was never gonna work. I just lived in isolation and hide myself from being noticed, I suffered all the pain in silence my parents never knew, they even scold me each time i don’t do things right. I was overwhelmed with that moment of my life, it turned me to a liar, because i couldn’t express myself, I just lie about everything to save myself, I cultivated a lot of bad habit in the process. 

That moment defined me, reshaped me from the real me.

From my experience, I would treat passing thoughts, feelings, and emotions as vital, I mean it is a life and death matter.

I did not realize or appreciate my crucial and enduring self, which (I now get it) exceeds the short-lived states of the physical realm.

NOTE: Be able to separate your true self from your passing thoughts and feelings.
A massive part of recovery and self-discovery is the ability to separate your identity and the surface mental mess that blocks your view of reality.

I realized that I am not my body, my circumstances, my position, my looks , my scars, my wrongs and my insecurities. Yeah,  kind of weird, but cool and life-changing. I am much more than just my physical form.

Now I am not saying that I am really some waif-like spirit, floating on the imaginative current of an indefinable world (that would be cool though).

What I am saying is that my physical self, my body, my fleeting feelings and thoughts do not define me and likewise you.


 

Here is what the scriptures says concerning this;

But the lord said to Samuel, Look not on his appearance or at the height of his stature , for I have rejected him. For the lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the lord looks on the heart. (1sam 16:7)

Let not yours be the merely external adorning with elaborate interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes; But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which is not anxious or wrought up, but is very precious in the sight of God. ( 1pet  3:3-4)

Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer. (Rom 12:12)

I am not just me sitting here typing this blog post. I am not me who ate noodles with a whole lot of pepper and egg for breakfast and launch. I am not me who will take hundreds of snaps and pictures in about five seconds. (LOL)

I am a collection, a whole melting pot of things and thoughts and feelings and actions and ideas and emotions. I am now and then and I am more to come. Now, sit back and picture yourself better from what you are now…. it Is not just about this MOMENT. 

You are so much more than what you see and how you feel right now.
If you accept and embrace this way of thinking this “I extend past the fleeting, physical now“ it makes it so much easier to accept yourself. If you make a mistake, you can just brush it off and move on.

You might have made that mistake, but that mistake does not make you.
I am not dismissing how you feel and what you think in the present moment. Being present and aware of your thoughts and feelings is crucial for happiness, as well.
But your whole world expands when you stop confining yourself to these drifting, passing mental whispering. They come and go, and they may help to form who you are, but they are not what you are or all that you have to offer. Not in the least.

Hey friends,  so the next time you feel like crap whether you feel bloated or embarrassed or rejected or not good enough or ashamed just remember, what you feel right now is not the whole you. What people see right now is not the whole you. 


This moment will only define and defeat you if you let it.









Yaayiiii Peace
Kore

Comments

  1. Very encouraging and inspiring post darling. This very moment definitely does not define us. It only does when we allow it. You have a way of leaving me speechless and screaming for joy after reading you posts. It is so great to have you back. God Bless you , more wisdom, strengthen and grace in Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen🙏.... Thanks for always encouraging me. God bless you greatly dear.😘😘

      Delete
  2. Nice post Dear...Its good to have you back...very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this lovely article dear, life has taken you through some rough path to help you get strong enough to help others that are wallowing in the same circumstance. I see you wielding strong network of word to help deliver lives. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen🙏Thanks for reading.... Thankful to God for choosing me as a vessel 🙌 God bless you continuously

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHANGECOSIS

Change is the only CONSTANT. It is inevitable.  Few days ago I posted this word   CHANGECOSIS on my Instagram page @_expressit and I challenged my followers to find the meaning of the word, but  I almost forgot we are the Google generation (Lol)  so I got answers powered by Google (lol).                       Moreover, my sister, Ifedolapo Ajakaiye(Mrs) inspired this piece, she sent me the word, I thought it was one of those medical terms they use as medical practitioners , but no it is not.  According to her; "After a long period of study on unhealthy conditions and why it threatens life ; I came across a disease that threatens one's ability to enjoy life and develop one's full potential - CHANGECOSIS  ". Yes!   it is a disease. It is wise to avoid this disease, a threat to happy living and growth , better still run from it.  This Changecosis is an unhealthy condition that only those who resist change suffer from it. You need to do whateve

It BEGINS : The preparation process

Happy new year lovelies, I wish you all an amazing time of celebration and a fruitful year ahead. I can feel the excitement in the air . I  really appreciate you all for following my blog , your support, corrections, encouragement and prayers means a lot to me. God bless you greatly.     Day 1 of 365 days , the year has started, waiting for no one to be ready , let me share this with you; It is about THE PREPARATION PROCESS. Everyone goes through a preparation process, but how we go through it differs. Last year has either been good or bad, just there or really amazing,whatever it is, you are in your preparation process. Each time I see someone grumble or panic and worry (just like me those times.. Lol), I try my best to talk them out of it, and help them see the bigger picture and great things ahead of them. Moreover, this is the period that everyone makes new plans, set new agenda, strategize for the next move and all, but then while making all this plans, we tend to neg

PEN IT DOWN

Life takes place, and it can happen fast. Sometimes we don’t take the time to stop and look around at what is happening to us at each moment. We don’t get to see the step-by-step progress that we are making in our own lives. So, what happens? Gbam! the future comes, and you have no track or idea of how you have gotten there, successful or not. One quick question: How can penning things down help improve your life? Or does it help clear your thoughts when you are upset?  Will penning things down help you determine whether or not you are on your right career path? Will it help you check if you are reaching towards your goal or not? Provide an answer… Writing is an important part of life, whether in the workplace or school, as an hobby or in personal communication, everyone is a writer.  Here is the truth: your effectiveness in life is not what you could be missing out. Each day passes by and you have nothing to prove that it even happened. Did you achieve something? Have a